Support Suicide Prevention Awareness
Share this page to encourage others to Read Up on the warning signs for suicide and Reach Out to someone they care about.
Even surrounded by friends and family, someone experiencing emotional pain can feel isolated. You may sense something is wrong, but not realize how serious it is. Trust your instincts.
Show your support and learn how you can learn the warning signs and help prevent suicide.
Activities and Materials
- This year’s Suicide Prevention and National Recovery Month focus on supportive transitions – ways we can “Reconnect, Re-enter & Rebuild” knowing that “Recovery is for Everyone: Every Person, Every Family, Every Community.” There are many options for promoting Suicide Prevention Awareness and National Recovery Month, all of which can be done from home or online while practicing physical distancing. We have provided suggestions for how to plan your September activities week-by-week, or you can choose your favorites.
Activity Guide (ENG): Activity Calendar (ENG
Activity Guide (SPAN):
- Riverside County Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan:
- This Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan for Riverside County – Building Hope and Resiliency – represents many months of work involving mental health and public health professionals in Riverside County and in California, along with the efforts of numerous community partners and clinical experts in this field. This plan provides a foundation for bringing about a systemic response to preventing suicide in Riverside County. To access the full strategic plan, click here.
- For a quick reference guide of the Suicide Prevention Strategic Plan, click here.
- You can watch a webinar about the Strategic Plan by visiting https://youtu.be/PTPBi4QlGw8
- Once you have read the Strategic Plan and Reference Guide, take a moment to complete the Suicide Prevention Stakeholder Survey, to let us know how you and/or your organization can participate in the Suicide Prevention Coalition.
- The Each Mind Matters toolkit consists of various ideas and ways to increase protective factors against suicide. To learn more click here
- In light of COVID, we have 4 free virtual trainings available. For dates and availability on these trainings, e-mail PEI@ruhealth.org or call (951) 955-3448.
- Know the Signs: This 90-minute presentation will focus on how to recognize the warning signs of suicide, how to find the words to have a conversation with someone in crisis and connect them with the help and resources they need. For more information, click here.
- Mental Health 101: This 60-minute presentation will focus on understanding mental health, stigma reduction, available resources and more. For more information, click here.
- Self-Care and Wellness: This 2-hour presentation will focus on understanding how stress affects you, strategies to cope with stress, available resources and more. For more information, click here.
- Building Resiliency and Understanding Trauma: This 2-hour presentation will focus on understanding and defining trauma, the impact of trauma on the brain and tools to build resiliency and being trauma-informed. For more information, click here.