Addiсtion and Substance Use
Help is available! Find easy access to addiction and substance abuse recovery resources by using the links provided here.
If you or someone you care about is in crisis and needs immediate help, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255. The phone lines are answered by trained professionals; the call is free and confidential. If you need to be connected to mental health services in Riverside County, call the CARES Line at (800) 499-3008. If emergency medical care is needed, call 9-1-1 or go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital. You may also call or walk into a Riverside County 24/7 Mental Health Urgent Care location. Whether you are in crisis or just need someone to talk to, all services are voluntary. Counseling and nursing, as well as, psychiatric medications are available. All locations are open 24/7 and everyone is welcome regardless of insurance type or ability to pay.
- Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Offers research, resources, and publications related to mental illness, mental health, prevention, treatment and recovery.
- Riverside County Substance Abuse Program
Phone: (800) 499-3008
The Riverside County Substance Abuse Program offers a wide range of services including outpatient counseling, detoxification, residential treatment, relapse prevention counseling and parenting classes. Additional programs include: treatment programs, substance abuse prevention, services for the hearing impaired, substance abuse education, programs for youth and special programs for dual diagnosed or incarcerated individuals. Visit their website for more information and clinic locations.
- Friday Night Live
Phone: (951) 782-2419
Friday Night Live is a youth oriented program catered to young people in the Riverside area. This organization provides activities and entertainment that promote an anti-drug, anti-drinking message to youth in the community.
3525 Presley Ave.
Riverside, CA 92507
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
NIDA’s mission is to advance science on the causes and consequences of drug use and addiction and to apply that knowledge to improve individual and public health. A section of their website features downloadable full-text publications on a range of topics, including addiction science, medical consequences, trends and statistics, and the link between drugs and HIV/AIDS.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
NIAAA supports and conducts research on the impact of alcohol use on human health and well-being. A section of their website offers easy-to-read material for the public covering a wide range of alcohol-related topics.
- What’s Up Safehouse is a 24/7, free, anonymous mental health crisis texting line. Get immediate support from a licensed mental health professional. Dedicated to helping support the residents of Riverside County through issues surrounding anxiety, substance abuse, depression, school pressure, peer pressure, LGBTQ struggles, relational issues, suicidal thoughts, bullying, and any other issue that is causing trouble.
- Text SHHELP to 844.204.0880 24/7 for immediate support and resources.